Privacy Notice for Parents and Carers
Gilbert Inglefield Academy is the Data Controller for the use of personal data in this privacy notice.
The categories of parent/carer information that we process include:
- personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (such as name, date of birth, contact details and postcode)
- details of any support received, including physical and mental health
- CCTV images captured in school
Why we collect and use parent/carer information
The personal data collected is essential, in order for the school to fulfil their official functions and meet legal requirements.
We collect and use parent/carer information, for the following purposes:
a) to meet the statutory duties placed upon us
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the legal bases we rely on for processing personal information for general purposes are:
- for the purpose a) named above in accordance with the legal basis of Legal Obligation
All academy trusts, under the Academies Financial Handbook have a legal duty to provide the parent/carer information as detailed above.
Collecting parent/carer information
We collect personal information via data collection sheets.
Parent/carer data is essential for the school’s operational use. Whilst the majority of personal information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it may be requested on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with GDPR, we will inform you at the point of collection, whether you are required to provide certain information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing parent/carer information
We hold data securely for the set amount of time shown in our data retention schedule.
Who we share parent/carer information with
We routinely share this information with:
- our local authority (where applicable)
- other schools
Why we share parent/carer information
We do not share information about individuals with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
We are required to share information about our parents/carers with our local authority (LA).
We share information with other schools when your child transfers to our school and transfers to their next school.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact school manager Samantha Sibley email@example.com .
You also have the right to:
- to ask us for access to information about you that we hold
- to have your personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- to restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing)
- to object to direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it produces a legal or similarly significant effect on you
If you have a concern or complaint about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Withdrawal of consent and the right to lodge a complaint
Where we are processing your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you change your mind, or you are unhappy with our use of your personal data, please let us know by contacting school manager Samantha Sibley firstname.lastname@example.org .
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you revisit this information from time to time. This version was last updated in May 2021.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer Harriet Stringer email@example.com .